“Global experience, available locally”
That’s what I bring to the table. Having lived and worked in 15 countries world-wide during a career of more than 25 years, I’ve literally “been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it”.
An Englishman with an American wife, I’m very well aware of the variations that can arise just within the English language, so I speak “global English” when I’m working with people for whom it’s not their mother-tongue. (And I am multilingual as well – coaching and training in French and German during my work around Europe).
Agile & adaptable, creative & resourceful, I am a specialist at providing both tailored and generic presentations and workshops.
Cultural Finesse has the mission to support businesses to communicate and interact effectively and successfully, especially across borders and the “cultural divide”.
My worldwide career path has been varied and really enjoyable, living and working throughout Europe, USA, the Middle East (incl. Bahrain and UAE), Asia/Pacific (incl. Singapore, Vanuatu, Australia) and Africa.
Coaching and training experience covers:
– Business performance skills
– Sales & Negotiation skills
– Soft-skills incl. “Building Relationships”, “Questioning & Listening skills”, “how to Communicate with Other People” and many more
– Career Coaching and Outplacement training
I have worked with several leading multinational businesses around the world (incl. Monster.com, Dell Computers, BT Global Services, UK Post Office, Lloyds TSB Bank International) with staff from many diverse nationalities, cultures and mother-tongues.
I also have had many SME clients in England, ranging from opticians to lighting installation to windows construction and many more, across Hampshire, Surrey and beyond.
After obtaining a modern languages degree at the University of London, I am also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development and the Institute of Financial Services. Other accreditations and experience include:
– Certified Practitioner in PRISM Brain Mapping (neuroscience-based coaching & selling tools)
– Procoach Professional with Prosell Learning Ltd (business training & development)
– SPIN (sales training)
– Advanced Diplomas in personal Performance Coaching & Small Business Coaching (ongoing studies)
– Career Transition consultant with Right Management (outplacement consultants)
– English (mother tongue)
– “global English” (when working with delegates for whom English is not their mother-tongue)
– French (fluent conversational level)
– German (good conversational level)